A collection of useful resources I've come across for learning about programming, design, product development and entrepreneurship.
- Codewars Improve your skills by training on your own or with others on real code challenges.
- HackerRank Practice your coding, prepare for interviews and get hired.
- leetCode A platform to help you enhance your skills, expand your knowledge and prepare for technical interviews.
- Exercism Level up your programming skills with 2,671 exercises across 48 languages
- Learn Python the Hard Way It's not really the hard way, just quite thorough from beginner to advanced. You can get a short free sample from the website or buy the book.
- The New Boston A great video resource for various programming languages and frameworks.
- Chris Hawkes Tutorials on programming, responsive web design, React.js, Django, Python while creating fun applications.
- Amigoscode - Programming tutorials, tips and insight into life as a Software Engineer.
General online courses
- Codecademy Codecademy is a great way to learn to code interactively, for free. Web development, Computer Science and Data Science.
- FreeCodeCamp Thousands of videos, articles, and interactive coding lessons - all freely available to the public. They also have thousands of freeCodeCamp study groups around the world.
- Udacity Udacity partners with leading companies around the world, like Google and Amazon, to deliver give you relevant learning experience that you can use in a job. It has paid nanodegrees but also a catalogue of free courses.
- Coursera Allows you to study courses taught by unversities and institutions from accross the world for free. These courses are not limited to tech, but also include the arts, humanties, languages and math.
- MIT OpenCourseWare OCW makes the materials used in the teaching of MIT's subjects available on the Web.
Meetups and free bootcamps
- Meetup A website that allows you to find meetups relevant to your interests, with many recurring tech related events.
- Codebar A non-profit initiative that facilitates the growth of a diverse tech community by running regular programming workshops.
- London Python Coding Dojo A safe place to deliberately practice and develop your coding skills, and perhaps learn something new too.
- Code First: Girls Code First: Girls works with companies and with men and women directly, to help increase the number of women in tech.
- Founders and Coders London based tuition-free, peer-led training programmes in web development
- Ruby girls - A community for women to understand technology and to build their ideas.
- Udemy Thousands of online courses with lifetime access.
- Treehouse Flexible on-demand videos and interactive code challenges with wide range of plans to fit your goals and budget.
- General Assembly Educator with an award winning curriculum and expert instructors, on campus and online, with mentorship each step of the way.
Ways you could get a technical degree while working, or just get your foot in the door and learn while your earn.
- Find an apprenticeship - GOV.UK
- UCAS Career finder
- Apprenticeships at KPMG UK
- Apprenticeships at Amazon UK
- Apprenticeships at Meta
- Schemes and Apprenticeships at the BBC
- Programs at Multiverse
Product and Design
- Product Disrupt A list of resources to learn product design
- Design Better Design Better provides unprecedented access to the insights that power the world’s best design teams. Made by Invision.
- 100 Days of Product Design Challenge yourself to practicing design for 100 days, with resources, tutorials and examples to help you.
- Interaction Design Online UX design courses by experts, with industry-recognized certificates
- Design Thinking by IDEO Courses on Design thinking, a process for creative problem solving. It utilizes elements from the designer's toolkit like empathy and experimentation to arrive at innovative solutions.
- Startup School A free online program and global community of founders, created by the world's top startup accelerator - Y Combinator.
- Paul Graham's essays Essays by one of the founders of Y Combinator.
- GitHub Education Pack Gives students free access to the best developer tools in one place so they can learn by doing.
- Black Girls in Tech A space where black women can come together, encourage/motivate one another, and help each other on their tech journey.
- Revelry article - A Guide to Web Development and Programming Languages
- Dev.to A developer oriented blog with posts written by the community sharing their learnings, how-tos, and experiences.
- Awesome List A self-titled awesome list of curated awesome lists. Multitudes of useful material to learn from. Try not to get lost.
- Child friendly intro to programming - A guide created by a Software Engineer aimed at parents and guardians.